After completing this lab, you should be able to do the following using R:
- Conduct one-sample t tests.
- Compute Cohen’s dz.
- Produce histograms.
- Conduct Shapiro–Wilk tests.
- Produce descriptive statistics including M, SD, skew, and kurtosis.
Additionally, you should be able to do the following:
- Report results of one-sample t tests in APA style.
- Report results of Shapiro–Wilk tests in APA style.
- Understand the role of the following in evaluating the strength of evidence provided by one-sample t tests to support or refute hypotheses about a population:
- The correct interpretation of a p value.
- The assumption of normality in one-sample t tests.
- Raw and standardized effect sizes.